We all want to improve and do more: whether it is to lose weight, do that project around the house, or working on the game. So why do we put off doing the things we know will benefit us most? The things we say we truly desire? Because procrastination is built into all of us: why do today what can be put off to tomorrow? Tolkien holds Olympic records in procrastination: more of his books were published after his death than before it! To be a successful creator requires understanding and mastering the procrastination inside you.
Procrastination is giving you something you value more than completing the task. Once you understand this, you can truly change.
How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog–it’s here a little while, then it’s gone.
- Read “Part Two – Overcoming Procrastination” (chapters 11 – 18) of Procrastination: Why You Do It. What to Do About It Now
- Fill out your procrastination scorecard (page 167) before the meeting
- What does your procrastination scorecard look like?
- What does your scorecard tell you?
- Have you had a self-realization and now caught yourself doing it since the last lesson?
- What else stood out to you from the book?
- Based on what you learned about procrastination, what actions are you going to take now to no longer gain what you used to gain through procrastination?